As we have more and more new tools allowing us to engage with many people using Social Media, i thought it would be an opportune time to share some of the old and trusted rules that, in my opinion, still apply irrespective of platform and medium you use to engage with people.
1. Engage and treat others how you want to be treated yourself
2. Be open, transparent and honest
3. Don’t gossip, make up things, lie or steal
4. Have evidence and be professional
5. Opinions are personal, be gracious, open and respectful and accepting of differences
What do you think? Do these rules of social engagement still apply?